during a few of my classes...these topics keep coming up! did get me thinking...
when I was younger, I really wanted to get married, have children and just be a good wife and mother at home...unbelievable right? that was in sec 4 I think...
then in JC, i started to think...what if I never get married? how would i react? how would i cope? it was quite tough to even think abt it. i mean...would God have me miserable and alone for the rest of my life? i remember praying abt it...and somehow, it wasn't a question of whether God would have me lead a miserable life or not...it was more a matter of my attitude towards God when things won't happen the way I want them to...would I still be obedient and thankful? subsequently i started thinking abt babies...what if i were barren? would i have sarah's or hannah's faith? how would i cope? how would i react? it's the same think i was struggling with...would i accept what God deals to me in life? somehow, after praying abt it...i told God, what He gives, He can take away...what He hasn't given, I can ask...but it's His prerogative to give.
i have already surrendered my life to Him...should i really make more requests? somehow, when I look back at that period of time...i must have been quite erm...childish...and very imaginative...may have been thinking too much in my free time...but i also think God must have planted some thoughts in my head to make me face the issue of learning to be contented and fulfilled in Him and Him alone.
nowadays...when I tell ppl I think I'll be alright even if I remain single...all of them tell me....no no no....you must pray for a husband....
but i've always thought...if I get married, that'll be a bonus...if not, then it's ok as well...God has His purposes and ways...
so yah...I'm not dying to get married...but I'm not like...erm...taking a vow of celibacy either...we'll see how things go...hee hee...like that more exciting mah...and I'm not too stressed to like...erm...find a boyfriend and all...
Monday, April 25, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Its a question that comes up alot. Do you have a girlfriend? Its interesting that the majority of people seem to think this is so important. That you have a partner. Even tonight i had people say they would help me find one. What? Are we going down to the local partner shop and pick one out? But its not something that i am going to force upon myself. It something that if it happens it happens.
Post a Comment