finally...the weather is clearing up...i wish i have more motivation to go out for a jog or swim...but that doesn't seem to be happening.
what's happening with me these days?
I've been sitting around unemployed for more than2 weeks now. I can't believe how long it's taking them to process my application. I shall call AGAIN tomorrow. The school downstairs told me that they have my timetable ready...just waiting for me to call and tell them when the application is approved. My status?... 'under consideration' for the longest time. *sigh* I'm not very good with waiting. I call it the 'impatient Singaporean' syndrome.
Nonetheless, I'm thankful for this period of time when I'm free enough to meet up with people...spend time catching up, sharing & praying. I've also been spending more time at home...trying to communicate a lil more with my grandma so she won't feel so neglected and lonely.
Actually, many things have happened in the last 2 weeks or so...and although much of it isn't exactly pleasant, it has shown me how problems can draw us closer to one another and to God. It IS part and parcel of our learning...and growing...and I'm glad that I'm no longer dealing with problems the way I used to. I would worry myself sick and try to think of the solution. These days...I'd also worry, but not as much...I would also try to think of a solution...but I also go to Him...and ask Him for His help...His peace...His wisdom...His perspective. I discovered that I DO have the tendency to over-worry...and imagine that things are WORSE than they actually are...but when I go to Him, He helps me to take a step back and look at things differently...to remember that He is in control...that He has His purposes...in letting some of these problems take place in our lives.
We can either allow the problems in our lives make us bitter, cynical, angry, hurt, jaded, resentful (I guess you get the picture by now)....or we can struggle, learn, grow and remember God's goodness and purpose no matter what happens.
what's happening with me these days?
I've been sitting around unemployed for more than2 weeks now. I can't believe how long it's taking them to process my application. I shall call AGAIN tomorrow. The school downstairs told me that they have my timetable ready...just waiting for me to call and tell them when the application is approved. My status?... 'under consideration' for the longest time. *sigh* I'm not very good with waiting. I call it the 'impatient Singaporean' syndrome.
Nonetheless, I'm thankful for this period of time when I'm free enough to meet up with people...spend time catching up, sharing & praying. I've also been spending more time at home...trying to communicate a lil more with my grandma so she won't feel so neglected and lonely.
Actually, many things have happened in the last 2 weeks or so...and although much of it isn't exactly pleasant, it has shown me how problems can draw us closer to one another and to God. It IS part and parcel of our learning...and growing...and I'm glad that I'm no longer dealing with problems the way I used to. I would worry myself sick and try to think of the solution. These days...I'd also worry, but not as much...I would also try to think of a solution...but I also go to Him...and ask Him for His help...His peace...His wisdom...His perspective. I discovered that I DO have the tendency to over-worry...and imagine that things are WORSE than they actually are...but when I go to Him, He helps me to take a step back and look at things differently...to remember that He is in control...that He has His purposes...in letting some of these problems take place in our lives.
We can either allow the problems in our lives make us bitter, cynical, angry, hurt, jaded, resentful (I guess you get the picture by now)....or we can struggle, learn, grow and remember God's goodness and purpose no matter what happens.

No comments:
Post a Comment