Tuesday, July 11, 2006

thank you...

to those who have been praying for me...

to those who have encouraged me...

to those who have taught me, gave me godly counsel...

to those who are supporting me financially...

to those who have been a part of my journey...and will be...in one way or another...

THANK YOU...

As the day of my departure draws near, I can't help but think about how God has been working in my life in this last 2 months or so...and my heart just brims over with gratitude...

When I first shared at the services about my going to Thailand, many came up to me and told me they will be praying for me...some came and told me they wanted to help financially...pledging to contribute monthly. It's really quite amazing...because I didn't approach people to tell them about my needs...they came forward...moved by the Lord to give. I really see it as God moving in people...providing through His people. I really felt overwhelmed...I was really moved. I read about this in books about missionaries...but I never realised just how wonderful it is to actually witness just how He works...how He answers prayers.

My good ol' mates from uni gave me a lovegift...and that provided the laptop and digital camera...I thought I would need them but didn't think I could. Lovegifts from various friends, church members, leaders...actually whenever I received, I really felt like crying...because it wasn't just money...it was love from fellow-saints...love from God...His providence. Sometimes, I feel really silly, because I really didn't know how exactly to express my gratitude to people except for the usual 'thank-you's.
Last last Saturday, there was a farewell lunch (worship team B) at Uncle J & Auntie C's...lots of really yummy food...and I was really glad to be able to share about my journey...thank you for the food, the lovely company...& your prayers...

I was officially commissioned by the church last last Sunday...at the 9.30 service...I was asked to stand in front of the congregation and the church prayed for me...I was given a charge...to go forth and preach the gospel boldly...in His name...by His strength... This is God working...He is sending me from Glory Presbyterian Church in S'pore...to Thailand...to a land, a people who belongs to Him...for His glory. I'm not going alone...many are going on this journey with me...I may be the only one going there physically...but many fellow-saints will be with me...in prayer...I'm part of the body of Christ...I do not function on my own.

Last Friday, I bade farewell to the YF. It's been a great 6 months...God has taught me much through the youths. Even though I don't feel like I've done much in the YF...or got to know the youths very well, I was reminded of how God works amongst the youths...how it's a phase where they're going through a process of intense testing...changes, stress, rebellion, emotions, hormones, self-realization, independence, doubts...and God shapes each and everyone through those times of testing...and that's how He shaped me when I was a youth...He grew me up through the pains and the joys of teen-hood. I always think about the group of us from YF during my time...and where we are now... *heh* You never know who God is going to use...how God changes people...how God works in the lives of individuals. I'll remember Ps Wesley & the coaches...and the youths in my prayer... I've really enjoyed my time with you all...even if you made me feel really old *heh*.

On that same day, I was welcomed into a family (CG) who calls themselves Brother's Keepers...God has a way of balancing things...it was really nice to be one of the younger ones...instead of feeling like a naggy ol teacher (at YF). They were all really warm and I really think they are God-sent...a God-sent family of dear brothers and sisters... Thank you for adopting me...for committing yourselves to pray for me as a CG...for being family...

Yesterday (Sunday), I gave myself a farewell pohpiah party...har har...anything for a pohpiah party. I thought it'd be nice to just have some peers from church over to eat at my place...for my folks to see what lovely friends I have from church *hee*...thank you for your lovegift...for your prayers...you who grew up with me...YF, mission trips to Thailand, Thai English school...it means so much to have you all praying for me in my home...with Roy...

for those I forgot to thank...God doesn't forget...!

...I sound like I'm leaving for Thailand tomorrow already...*heh* (I'm not leaving just yet!)

do continue to pray for me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dearest mitchi...

I am so glad to hear abt your impending trip to Thailand and how you plan to serve God in this ministry... truly, how can they hear unless someone is sent to bring them the good news? i am very glad to see you following God's calling.Relying on His strength and grace will make every experience with God richer and fuller!I will also be praying for you lah over here!hehe cant really contribute finacially now altho i wud like to in the future:P pls take care and more updates abt you kk!!