This is what God has been impressing upon me...from other ppl here, from His word...especially TODAY...I was reading from John 1-5...my QT this morning...Even Jesus had to learn and see what God the Father was doing before He would do something..."Jesus gave them this answer, 'I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by Himself; He can do only what He sees His Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does. For the Father loves the Son and shows Him all He does. Yes, to your amazement He will show Him even greater things than these. ... By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but Him who sent me." John 5:20, 30 Isn't that amazing? Jesus Himself said He can do nothing by Himself...what more US??? That has especially spoken to me...for that's what I felt He called me here to do...to see what God is doing here...to see what is He leading me to do...before I dive into it...I'm here not to please myself and my own desires...but to please Him. He promises that when we seek Him, He will show us... I guess that's important...many times, I'm so tempted to just jump in and meet the needs I see...or to try and solve the problems I see...with what I think is right...I zoom right past God...I dive into it...dip my hands into whatever I see, and then pray that God will help me...not exactly the wisest thing to do I guess.
I'm still seeking Him in terms of where I will end up after my language learning. I'm really excited when I hear about students ministry...I think I'm really charged up when I think about teaching...and sharing the gospel and building relationships with students...somehow, there's a sense that the 3 yrs of teaching is really a preparation of what He's leading me to do here. 2 weeks ago, I visited a church started by a Canadian couple I think...who started simply by taking in troubled youths and discipling them...now the two boys (one of them just got married recently...early 20s I think) are leading worship and BS! It's amazing...I didn't get to meet the missionaries cos they were away for a seminar...but I might be travelling there regularly for Sunday worship service and learn from them...(it's an hour away from where I am...2 provinces away). Lots are in store...I'm really quite excited...there are lots of books to read up on Thailand...the ministry here...strategies for church-planting...Thai culture...how to minister to Thai ppl...there's really LOTS to do... Next Sat, we have a day off...so we (a bunch of us who are learning language here) will go down to Bangkok for a break...and then the following weekend, I'm going to Nakonsawan for a short-termer's retreat...I'll get to meet some missionaries whom I want to speak to...meet all the short termers and learn more about OMF's work and how they are using the short-termers...so I'm really super excited...and then in early October, I'm joining a Central Thailand meeting where I can learn more about the work they are doing here in Central Thailand and how are things progressing. God is showing me bits at a time...but it's exciting...it's like putting together a jigsaw puzzle and trying to figure how it's all going to come together and look like. Do pray for me as I seek His will for me here in Thailand.
Many times, I struggle with loneliness and I ask myself if I can really cope with this on my own. But where He has placed me NOW...He has and ALWAYS WILL provide me with enough...HIS GRACE IS SUFFICIENT FOR ME!!! I just have to pick up my verses...arm myself with prayer...and fight off all these little buggy thoughts... That's when memory verses come in real handy! Real weapons! I also remember of course...that there are many back home (and in other countries...) who are praying for me...and I give thanks for His grace...I can indeed do NOTHING without Him.
I'm still seeking Him in terms of where I will end up after my language learning. I'm really excited when I hear about students ministry...I think I'm really charged up when I think about teaching...and sharing the gospel and building relationships with students...somehow, there's a sense that the 3 yrs of teaching is really a preparation of what He's leading me to do here. 2 weeks ago, I visited a church started by a Canadian couple I think...who started simply by taking in troubled youths and discipling them...now the two boys (one of them just got married recently...early 20s I think) are leading worship and BS! It's amazing...I didn't get to meet the missionaries cos they were away for a seminar...but I might be travelling there regularly for Sunday worship service and learn from them...(it's an hour away from where I am...2 provinces away). Lots are in store...I'm really quite excited...there are lots of books to read up on Thailand...the ministry here...strategies for church-planting...Thai culture...how to minister to Thai ppl...there's really LOTS to do... Next Sat, we have a day off...so we (a bunch of us who are learning language here) will go down to Bangkok for a break...and then the following weekend, I'm going to Nakonsawan for a short-termer's retreat...I'll get to meet some missionaries whom I want to speak to...meet all the short termers and learn more about OMF's work and how they are using the short-termers...so I'm really super excited...and then in early October, I'm joining a Central Thailand meeting where I can learn more about the work they are doing here in Central Thailand and how are things progressing. God is showing me bits at a time...but it's exciting...it's like putting together a jigsaw puzzle and trying to figure how it's all going to come together and look like. Do pray for me as I seek His will for me here in Thailand.
Many times, I struggle with loneliness and I ask myself if I can really cope with this on my own. But where He has placed me NOW...He has and ALWAYS WILL provide me with enough...HIS GRACE IS SUFFICIENT FOR ME!!! I just have to pick up my verses...arm myself with prayer...and fight off all these little buggy thoughts... That's when memory verses come in real handy! Real weapons! I also remember of course...that there are many back home (and in other countries...) who are praying for me...and I give thanks for His grace...I can indeed do NOTHING without Him.

No comments:
Post a Comment