Thursday, March 29, 2007

The heat is on...

Sorry for the lack of updates. I just discovered that the 'gaming' place along my street has INTERNET! and it's not too ex....better than travelling for 20 mins to the nearest mall...plus it's really expensive there. Super glad to have found this place!

Ok, updates...

It's school holidays now for most students.

After Easter week will be Songkran (Thai New Year). Caroline and me have no plans. Broke. Stay home and veg out??? Wonder how long we'll last. Not to despair...will come up with something exciting... People coming up from Lopburi to visit!!!

Found my passport...it arrived in Bangkok safely. Will travel to Bangkok tonight by train to get my work permit tmr morning!!!

Finished off 2 'camps' at 2 different schools....it was all very fun...had a great time with the kids. It was exciting to see how it was such a great opportunity to share the gospel with school kids (ages 10 to 14)...there were abt 40 plus kids from the 1st school and only about 12 kids from the 2nd school. I've learnt to be grateful no matter how many kids come. We invited all these kids to my home where we're attempting to jump-start a youth club. So far...we've had 3 meetings. 1st meeting....2 girls...2nd & 3rd meeting....7 kids. Praise the Lord for EVERY single kid He's brought. Honestly, I was pretty disappointed in the beginning...but His ways are not our ways...we just have to trust that He knows what He's doing and just do my part well! Pray for our next 3 meetings!

Just started an English course with the university students...we have 6 students. Pray for our relationship with them (all girls....great!).

Shared my testimony in Thai for the very first time...to non-believers at church (they have small bible study groups for different groups of ppl...I sat in the one with non-believers and new believers and was asked to give my testimony). I'm thankful that I can use what I've learnt!

Weather here is getting REALLY HOT and DRY....haze n smog situation is bad...have to put on mask. Great excuse not to go out!

Trying my best to clean my house. It's a lot of work! Not my favourite thing to do definitely... Scrubbing toilet floors, toilet bowls, sinks...scrub scrub scrub....wear gloves....scrub scrub scrub...

Ok...will post more the next time...have lots of pictures...will try to upload soon!

tata!

1 comment:

scatterbrain said...

Couldn't stand the "Zilch:O(". Sounds like quite fun and challenging for all the good stuff you're doing. :) Btw, it was fun to visit your mom on her birthday. She's one fun lady to be with. I hope I can be like that when I'm at her age. Heh. She got a new phone by the way. A red one! Same model as mine but mine is a modest black, so as not to attract any attention. Hahaha.....