Tuesday, June 05, 2007

June Prayer Newsletter

Thanksgiving & Updates
1. Language Check - Despite feeling really ill-prepared, I managed to pass my language check! Praise the Lord for His grace. I know I’ll need to continue to work hard on my language.
2. New Term - The new school term has started after much waiting! I’ve just started teaching in the 2 nearby schools for about 7 hours a week (3 P5 classes, 2 P6 classes & 1 Sec 2 class). I’m trying to ask for another one or two hours of older kids (secondary level). I’m so happy to be back in the classroom and teaching! I’m just thankful that He’s given me this joy in teaching and a love for students.
3. Getting around - I bought a fully-automatic scooter-type motorbike (Honda Click) just about a week ago. Pray for safety!
4. Staying On - I’ve decided to stay on in Chiang Mai until the end of this year at least. There’s lots to do & learn, and I’m excited to discover what God has to teach me in the coming months!


Prayer Requests (other than what is in my prayer bookmark…do continue to pray about those items!)
1. Mission Team from Canada - Pastor Fang Kum Seng will be leading 5 young adults from his church in Canada to Chiang Mai for a mission-exposure trip from 8th to 20th June. I’m coordinating this mission trip and it is really quite different from leading mission teams from church. Thank God for a great learning experience! Pray for the team as they prepare to come, and for hearts of the many people who will hear of the gospel through the various events (English camp at Sankamphaeng school, Outreach events at CMU, teaching English at Sanpasak and Donpin School, tract distribution at various places).
2. Grace Fellowship at CMU - School term has started and we’re starting to teach English every Tuesday starting 12 June. Pray for Caroline and I as we teach, that we’ll have to wisdom to know how and when to share the gospel with the students. Pray that as the new term starts, God will bring more newcomers to our Friday night meetings.
3. Grace Youth Club - We’ve started to meet every Saturday at my house since the camp, but attendance hasn’t been very regular. Pray for the youths (Toh, Jo, Saap, Nan, Laa, Yong, Khwan, Maem & Nong), that they will be truly born-again, and that they will also bring their friends to the weekly meetings. Pray for the team (Pastor Tharawat, Toye, Caroline & me), that we will be able to build good relationships with them and show them God’s love.
4. Sunday School - Recently, Pastor Tharawat’s wife, Jimmy, took over the running of the SS from Song (missionary). We sent out invitation cards to 120 kids who’ve attended SS previously but no longer come. 2 Sundays ago, we only had one child come for SS and we were all quite disappointed. But God is always in control and He knew how much we needed some encouragement. Last Sunday, we had about 15 children! Pray for more children to come and hear the gospel and learn more about Jesus. Pray for the team (Jimmy, Toye, Caroline & me) to just keep looking to Him for strength and wisdom!
5. Teaching at Sanpasak & Donpin School - Pray that we’ll build good relationships with the teachers and students, and be good witnesses for Christ. We’re planning to have an evangelistic camp at the end of July. Pray that many of the students will come to this camp.
6. Kims’ leaving - Pray for the Kims (the missionaries I’m working with) as they prepare to go home (US) at the end of this month. Pray that they will be able to find a house and schools for their children (Joshua & Hannah).

No comments: