I think last weekend was too exciting...made this weekend really disappointing. Today was supposed to be an exciting day. We had an evangelistic sports camp last weekend where many kids responded enthusiastically...so today, we were supposed to have a follow-up programme where those who interest would come to my house to look at the pictures taken during the camp. I managed to get CDs of photos from a few key photographers...together with the ones I took, there were about 700 pictures...I looked through them, arranged them in logical order, renamed them, edited them...and I was all excited this morning...I went out to buy bagfuls of chips and other junk food...it's been drizzling all morning...in the end, NO ONE turned up. I kept hoping and hoping...but NO ONE turned up. It's painful...I can't help but feel disappointed...I'm beginning to dread Saturday mornings when there's 'SUPPOSED' to be a bunch of youths gathering at my place. I try to be positive, pray real hard, and keep hoping that God will make something happen when I want Him to. I guess He doesn't work that way.
Maybe it's the rain, maybe it's because it's held at my house and the parents don't feel good about that...maybe we should change it and ask to use the international school premises instead...maybe there'll be more kids coming tomorrow for Sunday School...
The team spent some time praying...for our team, for the kids, for our plans...for Sunday School tomorrow. I'm really thankful I'm not doing this alone...
I was already feeling pretty disappointed...the rain just wasn't helping...cos I was really looking forward to going to the university to play softball...and I thought, since it's just a drizzle, I might as well just go and have a look. So I drove all the way, in the rain (which got heavier...but not exactly pouring) to the uni...and received a phonecall that practice has been cancelled because they were having inter-faculty softball competition. *bummer* But I had a good time just watching them play. It was really cool...3 games were going on at the same time...there was lots of MUD...people were cheering...I heard the sound of bat contacting with the softball (sounds sooooo goood!)...I saw some nice and expensive softball equipment...I saw some really lousy play and a couple of decent hits...and I think that was the highlight of my day...God provided me with some form of entertainment...I felt like I was reliving my uni years...I miss being in a team...I miss competing...I miss softball...
Here are some pictures!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment