Thanksgiving & Updates
Prayer Requests (other than what is in my prayer bookmark…do continue to pray about those items!)
- Grace International School Evangelistic Sports Camp – GIS is a Christian school attended mostly by missionary kids and a few of their teachers really have a heart to reach out to the Thai children in this area. So together with Hang Dong Grace Church, Campus Crusade (Athletics in Action), a mission team from US and a few other helpers, an evangelistic sports camp was organized and about 250 kids between 9 &13 came and had lots of fun, as well as heard the gospel. Since then, quite a number of the kids have been coming to Sunday School at Hang Dong Grace Church. Praise the Lord! Pray for more to come and give their lives to Jesus!
- English Course at CMU – The course ended in mid-July, and sadly, no one turned up for the last lesson because everyone was busy with something. But He is still faithful, a few of them have asked about the next course (hope they’re not just being patronising!). I pray that for the next English Course, more will come and hear about who Jesus is! Pray also that we can continue to build bridges with these students.
- My brother’s baptism – God has really shown me just how much He cares for me and my loved ones. In this last year, I have been so encouraged by what He has been doing in Roy’s life…he has been attending Bible studies (BSF & 2:7 series), attending CG and YAF, and serving in church…and through conversations on the phone, I can tell that God has indeed grown him to be more mature in Christ. On 22 July, my whole family attended his baptism service (my dad’s second time attending a service – he even took the day off from work!). Roy and I are just so grateful to Him…and to all who have been praying for us and our family.
- Church picnic – We went on an outing with all the church members and 2 of the youths came along too. Thank God for the great weather and a good time eating, singing, playing games and some sharing. Pray that God will continue to strengthen this church!
- Driving license & safety – Finally, I’ve gotten my driving licenses (car & motorbike)! I had to go through two tests (theory & practical) for the motorbike license.
- Encouragement – Thank God for encouragement from family and friends, through letters, cards, emails, sms-es recently, especially when I was going through some ‘down’ time…thank you for your prayers and encouragement!
Prayer Requests (other than what is in my prayer bookmark…do continue to pray about those items!)
- Mother’s Day Evangelism – This Sunday (12th August) is the Thai Queen’s birthday and that’s when they celebrate Mother’s Day here in Thailand. Our church will have an evangelistic Friday night House church meeting and an evangelistic service this Sunday. We have been teaching stories of mothers in the Bible and making Mother’s Day card for Sunday School. We’re praying that the children’s parents will come to the service this Sunday where they will be presenting a Mother’s Day song and give their handmade cards to their mothers. Do pray for these two evangelistic events…that many will come to hear the gospel.
- Grace Youth Club – Things have been a little discouraging, but God certainly has His own ways of working! A few weeks ago, I decided to teach my Sec 2 class a song and brought the guitar with me. And after that lesson, about half the class expressed interest in learning how to play the guitar. So we started a guitar class at my house on Saturday mornings where Pastor Wat and Toye teach these students some basic chords. Isn’t He amazing? Just when I felt really lost with this Youth club. Pray that He will continue to give us wisdom to know how to reach out to these youths.
- Cell Group at Grace Fellowship – We decided to start a Cell Group on Saturdays to cater to Christian students, new believers as well as those who are interested in learning about Jesus. We had our first meeting last Saturday, and two girls, Kook and Kung (twins) accepted Christ!!! We’re just sooooo happy for them. God is really moving in this ministry and we are beginning to see fruits! Pray that more will come to know Him as their personal Lord and Saviour as they come and study the Bible on Saturdays. Pray for Kook and Kung, that they will be firmly rooted in Him and His Word. Pray for their younger sister (Kai), who came to cell group as well but hesitated to make a commitment.
- Friends – I must admit, other than Caroline, I don’t really have any friends I can really talk to here in Chiangmai. It’s been a real blessing to be hanging out and working with Caroline. Pray for Caroline as she leaves for home in September, much is unknown and transitions can sometime be difficult and confusing. Pray for me, that God will provide good fellowship and friendships.
- Language Learning – It feels like my Thai language has been getting worse since I got to Chiangmai. I haven’t been very disciplined and conscientious at all in my language learning, so pray for me!
- Hang Dong Grace Church – Pray for the team (Tharawat & wife Jimmy, Chumseng & Wanapha, Toye & I), that we will be united in Christ to serve Him as one.

1 comment:
Hey dearie...=)
Not sure what to say...a newsletter is not exactly 'commentable'..heh. I do want to make my presence felt however. haha... okok..I leave you a verse can? =)
"Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain." 1Cor 15:58
One of our memory verses!! =)
Post a Comment