Monday, September 03, 2007

Joseph's Coat...

2 weeks ago, I shared about how Moses' life had extreme ups and downs...and then, last week, I worked on a craft based on Joseph's story. Just as he has days when he wore this amazing coat his father gave him and revelled in the glory of being the favourite son, he had days when he suffered the humiliation of being sold by his brothers, reduced to a slave without a family. My ups and downs are definitely not as extreme as theirs. But it definitely helps to know that God lets everyone go through their own ups and downs... I have had my days of wallowing in self-misery, loneliness and discouragement...but there are also days when I really enjoy what I do, and completely love where God has placed me, and everything feels so right.

The Sunday School is kind of going through a down too...it was really sad to look at the table full of nametags waiting for their owners to come and collect them...together with me, we waited and waited and waited...and then there were only 8. Where are the others? I miss the days when I can hear the whole big bunch of them singing enthusiastically...Oh Lord, please bring them back...

No comments: