Thursday, September 27, 2007

overdue...

I know I haven't been posting updates for quite a long time. So, what have I been up to? The usual...I've been teaching English in the schools. Things are winding down a little because the kids are having their exams next week and then school closes for a month.

There will be a church camp and a youth camp during the school holidays which should be quite fun and exciting. I'll also be teaching English to a few M6 (18 yr-olds) students who are friends of Laa. Laa is the younger sister of Pastor Tharawat, whom I'm working with. She's a really sweet girl who's probably the one person I speak most to these days. I'm thankful for her, as well as Wendy, a Malaysian single lady who's still in full-time Thai language studies.

Last weekend was pretty exciting. Grace Fellowship (the one that works with university students) had our very first baptism! Pray that Tam (the one in a soaked white shirt in the middle) will continue to grow in the Lord! Since we started the meeting on Saturdays where those who are interested come to study the Bible, 3 girls have received Christ! It's really exciting to see how God is working. I'll be posting more updates and prayer requests in the upcoming October Prayer Newsletter!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MISS YOU MICHELLE!!!!

It's so good to hear how God's been working in your life! We are all praying for you continuously!! =D

Midterms are coming up for all of us here...and Julie went back to Singapore for a few weeks...so Pr.Kum-Seng's been missing her...and her cooking ^^

Take care Michelle! You're really an inspiration to me!