Tuesday, October 09, 2007

shocker

I'm constantly taken by surprise. Things here definitely happen without warning. Don't worry. It's nothing disastrous.

I received an email today telling me I have to go down to the Bangkok office next Tuesday to renew my visa, which is something really important. Guess what? That's when we have the youth ENGLISH camp...and guess who's the main person doing all the English stuff? Just what am I supposed to do, Lord. What does this mean?

So I called the office. I can't do this on any other day. I really have no idea how this is going to work out. I have to make my way to the campsite after flying back on the same day. I'm going to try calling again tomorrow and see if I can go on Monday instead. This is just going to messy!

Do pray...that it'll all work out...I know He's doing something...if only I had a clue...



Yesterday, registration started for the English Youth Camp we're organizing next Tuesday to Thurday. We're targetting 80 kids. So far we have 14. I'm seriously disappointed. Last Saturday, ZERO kids turned up for guitar lessons. The last time we organized a youth camp, we had a grand total of 7 campers. I don't know how to deal with disappointment. Usually, my instinct is not to expect too much...but it's just tough. It's tough dealing with the very volatile nature of youth ministry here. God, what is going on? Is this just a big lesson on giving up EVERYTHING to you? I try, I really do...but why does it feel so bad? I guess it just simply not about FEELING good and getting fabulous turnouts...look beyond that, michelle....just look AT Him... It's just such a struggle.

And then this morning, 7 18-yr-old girls I've never met before turned up at my doorstep for English lessons. They're all Laa's (Pastor Tharawat's sister) classmates. It was fun. Even though I totally did not expect it. I like teaching...I really do. I'm praying for these girls...for now, I still don't quite know all their names.

down...down...down...up a wee bit...it's not a rollercoaster ride...I feel like I'm being thrown into deep waters here...

No comments: