Thank you all for your prayers...here are some updates...
(1) I finally found a language helper! She's a lady (around my mother's age) who lives about 8km away from me...she became a Christian when she was working in Bangkok, and she's the only Christian in her village. I'll be having lessons with her for about 4 hrs a week...we'll be working through the Gospel of Mark.
(2) I've started teaching at the 2 schools near by village...so far so good...continue to pray for good rapport with my classes.
(3) We've started a kids club in my village and a youth club at the neighbouring village...God is opening up lots of opportunities for outreach!
(4) I'm settling in fine...think safety is not really an issue now...I'm getting used to all the odd sounds in the countryside...and I'm coping with cooking and eating alone.
Keep praying!!!
(1) I finally found a language helper! She's a lady (around my mother's age) who lives about 8km away from me...she became a Christian when she was working in Bangkok, and she's the only Christian in her village. I'll be having lessons with her for about 4 hrs a week...we'll be working through the Gospel of Mark.
(2) I've started teaching at the 2 schools near by village...so far so good...continue to pray for good rapport with my classes.
(3) We've started a kids club in my village and a youth club at the neighbouring village...God is opening up lots of opportunities for outreach!
(4) I'm settling in fine...think safety is not really an issue now...I'm getting used to all the odd sounds in the countryside...and I'm coping with cooking and eating alone.
Keep praying!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment