Tuesday, July 08, 2008

July 2008 Prayer Newsletter

Glory Mission Team - Chiang Mai
Praise the Lord! We shared the gospel in 4 schools, a group of Shan children and a local market. It was amazing to be with a mission team again, the joy of the Lord filling our hearts as we served Him together. I was really glad to just meet my Hang Dong (Chiang Mai) ‘family’ and friends. Pray for all those who have heard the gospel in one way or another...that God would continue to work in their hearts.

Leaving the Northeast
Saying goodbye to the kids was much more difficult than I imagined. I realized that most of them are awkward with farewells and didn’t even wanted to say goodbye to me because they just didn’t know how to. Thank God I didn’t have to leave Isaan and travel on my own. God provided Sijmen & Annelies as companions on this last leg of our time in the Northeast and that really helped make it easier for proper closure. Please remember the Dong Bang kids and Phii Motdaeng in your prayers! Pray that God will continue to draw these kids to Him and they will respond to Him in His time.

OMF Conference
Praise the Lord for a wonderful time of meeting up with old friends and getting to know more people in the big OMF family here in Thailand. I’m so thankful for this opportunity to see everyone before I head on home. It was also a precious time of looking at what God has been doing in my life and I really enjoyed the messages and activities at the conference.

Language Studies and Level 2 EXAM!
I have 4 checks, 3 written assignments and a exam to complete before I head on home. It just seems so daunting! It seems that the more I learn, the less confident I get. Somehow, the ‘negative’ monster is also attacking me in this area. Pray for discipline, perseverance and humility.

Lopburi
I’m so thankful to God for bringing me full-circle and back to the place where I first started this journey. It’s lovely to be in this little old town again. I’m quite enjoying the routine of a full-time language student. Pray that I’ll be able to just simply enjoy my last weeks here in Thailand before I go home and fix my eyes on our Loving Father instead of being a ‘busy Martha’.

Future directions
I’ve been trying to pray and think what I should be doing when I go back home to S’pore… I know I want to prepare to come back to Thailand again to serve Him here as a missionary. But I haven’t quite decided how long I would want be home before I come to Thailand again. I don’t know which course to take and what I should be doing before Bible college starts in July 2009. I don’t know how I should be serving Him when I go back to my home church. I want to take it slow and not be overly-anxious or think to much, but there are many decisions to make and planning to be done. Pray for God’s wisdom, guidance and leading.

Going home...
Yes! I’ll be arriving in S’pore on 8th August and Wan (my closest non-Christian Thai friend who used to be my language teacher) will be going home with me! I will be bringing her around S’pore and play host while trying to orientate myself on home ground again. Pray that God will continue to work in her heart!

No comments: