Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Mission Month 2010 - Bulletin

At the end of my very first short-term mission trip to Thailand in 1999, I sensed God calling me to serve Him, and I responded by dedicating my life to Him. I know that my life belongs to Him, and if He so demands my all, I would do so, but I also asked Him to guide me and show me what He wanted me to do. I wasn’t quite convinced that God was calling met to become a missionary, and decided I must have been just too overwhelmed by my first mission experience. Since I prayed that prayer, God has been really faithful in showing me how He wants me to serve Him. After 11 short-term mission trips to Thailand, I was finally sure, 5 years after I surrendered my life to serve Him, that He was calling me to serve Him as a missionary in Thailand.
I quit my job as a secondary school teacher in 2004, and started on a 6-month internship program in church. After completing a one-year course on missions in SBC (Singapore Bible College), I went to Thailand for 2 years (2006-2008) as an associate missionary with OMF, an international mission organization.
Right now, when I look back, I am amazed by how God has called, prepared and guided me on this exciting journey of serving Him. And this journey has not ended yet! For the last 2 years, I have been preparing myself to return to Thailand. I returned to full-time studies at SBC, and this time, knowing that God has inclined me toward ministry with students, I took up a course in Christian Education. God-willing, I will complete my course by the end of this year and then return to Thailand in February next year. I continue this journey with much joy and anticipation, but I also know that many challenges lie ahead. I am often encouraged by God’s promise that His grace is sufficient for me (2 Cor 12:9) and the fact that I am part of the Church, the body of Christ, made up of brothers and sisters-in-Christ like you, who journey along with me by supporting and praying for me.

Pray…
  • That I will continue to keep a close walk with God, and grow in Christ-likeness.
  • That I will be diligent and faithful in my studies, and be willing to sit at the Master’s feet to listen and learn from Him.
  • For all the on-going preparations to return to Thailand (interviews, visa application, medical review, raising prayer and financial support…).
  • For my family, especially for my relationship with my parents and their salvation.

No comments: