Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Prayer Newsletter No. 2

Jesus prayed for the disciples: “I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they (the disciples) may be one as we (God the Father & Jesus) are one: in them and you and me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and loved them even as you have loved me.” John 17:22-23

God has indeed shown me how He has blessed me with fellow-believers here in Thailand as well as you there praying for me back home. I’m constantly reminded of this wonderful body of Christ that I am a part of. And as we pray for one another and fellowship with each other, His love is shown in the love we have for one another…this is the love that lets the world know about God’s love…and He who binds us together so perfectly.

Thanksgiving & Updates
1) Visa… I have received a letter saying that my RA Visa is being processed. News at last! I went down to Bangkok last week to renew my tourist visa for another 30 days so that I can stay in Thailand while waiting for my RA Visa to be processed and be approved at the Thai Embassy in Penang…which will take some time. I’m thankful that I could get my extension. (Never take anything for granted!)
2) Settling in… I’ve been here for about 7 weeks now and I’ve gotten used to being here in this nice little town. I’m glad to tell you all that I’m adjusting pretty well (place, people, food, weather…). I’m also settling into my routine of going to school, spending time studying, fellowshipping with people and some sports and recreation too! There has been a few bugs (virus) going around now that it’s the rainy season, but I’ve been doing ok so far…so thank you for praying for my health!
3) Making Friends… There are quite a number of families and young people (around my age *heh*) around here, learning language as well. I’m still getting to know all the missionaries here and it’s been really encouraging to hear how God has brought them here to serve Him in Thailand. I’ve also become fast friends with my language teacher, Wan. We’ve been out playing sports and having dinner together, along with some of the missionaries as well. I’m really grateful for how He has blessed my relationship with various people here… Today, I went to the tailor’s near school where I’m having some clothes made with some cloth I brought with me and I talked to the 2 ladies (tailors) for an hour!
4) Progress in Language… I had my first language check about 2/3 weeks ago and it went great! I’m now onto Module 6 (Introduction to Thailand) where everything is done in Thai script. I’m still enjoying this process of learning though it is getting harder, especially the writing part.

Prayer Requests (other than what is in my prayer bookmark…do continue to pray about those items!)
1) RA Visa – I should be making a trip down to Penang sometime next month to get my RA Visa. Recently they’ve tightened laws on visas and there have been quite a number of changes. Pray that I will be able to finally get my RA Visa!
2) Peace & Safety – Recently there has been quite a lot of changes here in Thailand. Pray for peace and political stability, that we may be safe here.
3) Language Learning + Balance – Do continue to pray for diligence & humility as well, and that I will be able to balance my time well (language study, personal time, time with people, time with God). I have a new teacher now. Khruu Jum is a Christian, older than me, and is a part-time teacher in school. Pray that I’ll a good relationship with her as well.
4) Building Bridges – Pray for more opportunities not just to meet with people, but to spend more time getting to know them better. Recently God has really brought many people to me…tailors, students at a university nearby, fellow Thai Christian workers, missionaries…pray at God will enable me to build bridges…with the non-believers, that there will be opportunities to share the gospel…with believers, that I will be able to spur them on & encourage them. Do continue to pray for me growing friendship with my previous language teacher, Wan, who is constantly surrounded by Christians, but I sense resistance to the gospel.
5) Guidance – On 2-3 Oct, I will be joining a Central Thailand gathering where all the missionaries in Central Thailand will be meeting together and some workshops on Spiritual Gifts will be conducted. Pray that I will continue to meet missionaries and as I hear them share about their ministries, I will get a better picture of what God is doing here in Thailand through OMF. I really haven’t quite decided or have a good sense of where exactly I will be going or what will I be doing after my language study. Do continue to pray for Him to speak to me & guide me through His Word, the people I meet and what I learn here…
6) Roy – My brother, Roy, got past the first interview with SIA (pilot program) and will be due to take some aptitude tests on 3 October. Do pray for him to trust in God and depend on Him, knowing that He is sovereign.

In Christ,
Michelle Goh

Tel.:+66859658869, Mailing Address: Lopburi Learning Centre, PO Box 58, Lopburi 15000, Thailand

No comments: