Just some quick updates:
1) Praise the Lord! My language check went really well and the language supervisor was really encouraging. I can read and write Thai! (though not very good at it yet…I’m learning and lapping it up like a school kid!) I’ll be starting to learn about Thai society and culture (textbooks are all in Thai script!) – pray that I’ll learn it bearing in mind that this is not simply language…but it’s also knowledge about the people here (history, culture, mindsets…)…pray that God will give me good insight to how to reach out to the Thai people and to use this knowledge of the Thai people wisely.
2) I had fellowship group at my house and it went well! It’s really nice to host a big bunch of people in a house that only has me and my housemate, Cecilia. It was like having a family gathering. I’m really grateful for this fellowship group. For those of you who don’t know…this fellowship group is made up of people who are studying language here…fellow missionaries who are here to serve God. We meet weekly for a time of praise and Bible study and fellowship (dinner too! – potluck).
3) I’m making getting along real well with my teacher! Khruu Wan is really fun and since she’s staying alone in Lopburi just a street away…it’s really easy to just meet up and do things together. We had dinner together last week with another student. This week, I went over to her place to watch some TV…she came over and ate with me (I cooked!)…we went to the night-market (pasar malam) together…and we went to play badminton with another of her students too! It’s been great and we share a lot about ourselves and our families. Pray that this friendship will continue to grow even when I change teachers. (I don’t know when yet…but at some point of time, we change teachers.) It’s great that it hasn’t taken long for us to get to know each other cos I can more or less speak the language already. I love yakking with her! (in or out of class…*heh*)
4) I’m going to Bangkok tomorrow for a break! Pray for a good time of rest and fellowship with the rest of the language students who are going down too!
5) Received news that Roy is going for his SIA interview on the 22nd this month! Do remember him in your prayers as well!
1) Praise the Lord! My language check went really well and the language supervisor was really encouraging. I can read and write Thai! (though not very good at it yet…I’m learning and lapping it up like a school kid!) I’ll be starting to learn about Thai society and culture (textbooks are all in Thai script!) – pray that I’ll learn it bearing in mind that this is not simply language…but it’s also knowledge about the people here (history, culture, mindsets…)…pray that God will give me good insight to how to reach out to the Thai people and to use this knowledge of the Thai people wisely.
2) I had fellowship group at my house and it went well! It’s really nice to host a big bunch of people in a house that only has me and my housemate, Cecilia. It was like having a family gathering. I’m really grateful for this fellowship group. For those of you who don’t know…this fellowship group is made up of people who are studying language here…fellow missionaries who are here to serve God. We meet weekly for a time of praise and Bible study and fellowship (dinner too! – potluck).
3) I’m making getting along real well with my teacher! Khruu Wan is really fun and since she’s staying alone in Lopburi just a street away…it’s really easy to just meet up and do things together. We had dinner together last week with another student. This week, I went over to her place to watch some TV…she came over and ate with me (I cooked!)…we went to the night-market (pasar malam) together…and we went to play badminton with another of her students too! It’s been great and we share a lot about ourselves and our families. Pray that this friendship will continue to grow even when I change teachers. (I don’t know when yet…but at some point of time, we change teachers.) It’s great that it hasn’t taken long for us to get to know each other cos I can more or less speak the language already. I love yakking with her! (in or out of class…*heh*)
4) I’m going to Bangkok tomorrow for a break! Pray for a good time of rest and fellowship with the rest of the language students who are going down too!
5) Received news that Roy is going for his SIA interview on the 22nd this month! Do remember him in your prayers as well!

No comments:
Post a Comment