Wednesday, January 31, 2007

January Prayer Newsletter!

Journey Together…through PRAYER
A Monthly Prayer Newsletter - January 2007

Thanksgiving & Updates

1) New Year… Praise the Lord for a good time with Kuk’s family in Buriram over New Year’s. Along with 3 Thai Christian girls whom I’ve befriended on mission trips, we drove up to one of the girl’s (Kuk) hometown in the northeast. I was really blessed by the time spent with the 3 girls (around my age), Kuk’s family (most of her parents and other relatives are believers too), as well as the pastor and his wife in the church nearby (a church we’ve visited on past mission trips). Thank the Lord for safety as there are always many road accidents during the festive seasons here in Thailand.

2) Yet another language check…the prayer module has got to be the most challenging module I’ve taken so far. Though I didn’t do as well as I wanted to (I froze during the check and forgotten what to pray for!), I was thankful that I learnt how to pray in Thai and I know that this is definitely something that I need to work on, and hopefully, I will have lots of opportunities to pray in Thai in the future. I pray that God will give me boldness not to be afraid of making mistakes and just try my best to do it when I have to!

3) Finishing the first stage…I have been here in Lopburi for close to 6 months now! I’m so thankful for how He’s blessed me and all that He’s shown & taught me in this past 6 months. I survived! Now it’s time for a break (I’m supposed to take a 2-week vacation every 6 months). My last day of school will be on the 8th (Feb) when I will have my last check here (but language learning will still continue wherever I go). I will be going for a retreat (8-11th Feb), a holiday at the beach (11-15th Feb), and spend some time with my family over Chinese New Year (15-21st Feb). After that, I’ll be coming back to Lopburi to say my goodbyes, pack up EVERYTHING and go!

4) Heading North… Thankfully, after waiting for so long, I finally know where I'm heading, at least for the next 3 months. Even though I have never thought about going up North, God has somehow led me to go there for the next stage of my journey here in Thailand. I have received confirmation that I will be joining the church planting team in Chiangmai, but I’m not sure how long I’ll be there.

Prayer Requests
1) Stress – Pray that God’s peace will be with me and that I will not be too anxious with all that’s going to happen in the next month (very overwhelming!) – retreat with all the language students, vacation, going home, saying goodbyes, packing, unpacking, settling into new environment. Pray that I will be able to organize everything and make good use of my time to pack and get ready to move.

2) Retreat (8-11th) – I’m thankful for this retreat before I move off. Pray that we will all be ministered to and encouraged by the messages (the Field Director will come and speak to us about Shepherding in Thailand, and there will be other Bible input by other senior missionaries as well).

3) Vacation (11-15th) – Pray that I will be able to just rest and reflect on the past 6 months.

4) Chinese New Year (15-21st) – I decided to go back home for Chinese New Year as part of my 2-week vacation to spend time with my family (all of my immediate and extended family, with the exception of my brother and I, are non-believers). Pray that I will be able to show God’s love to my family during this family reunion. Pray for a good time with my family and that I will be able to share God’s blessings with them. Pray especially for wisdom to answer all the questions posed to me by my unbelieving relatives who find it difficult to understand what I am doing in Thailand.

5) Transition (21-26th) – I’m not sure when exactly I’ll be moving up North. Many details are not given to me yet. Pray that I will be able to cope with saying goodbye to all my friends here in Lopburi, and that I will be able to settle in to the new environment quickly and adapt to a whole new phase of ministry in Chiangmai.


Change is often scary but exciting at the same time! Stay tuned to the next prayer letter at the end of February! Lots of updates coming up!

In Christ,
Michelle Goh

Tel.:+66859658869 (sms to +6659658869), Mailing Address: Lopburi Learning Centre, PO Box 58, Lopburi 15000, Thailand

No comments: