I'm thankful that I had a good break over the last 2 weeks. I thought it was going to be tough, but it went by much faster and easier than I thought.
Christmas - Spent Christmas with the missionaries here in Lopburi, had quite a number of outreach programmes.
New Year - Went to Buriram with 3 Thai ladies who work in Bangkok...long time friends from mission trips years ago when I first came to Thailand. Helped to drive part of the way there and back! Lots of conversations in Thai...good practice grounds! But I couldn't understand lots of Isaan dialect. It was really great to be surrounded by Thai Christians...went to visit my friend's family in the Northeast. It felt good to be surrounded by family and friends and lots of good Thai food.
Last week - Got to exercise a lil after all that feasting...just once though (badminton n jogging). Went to the waterfalls for a picnic which was fun. Rode the sleeper train to and fro Chiangmai to see Caroline off and God used the opportunity to show me what kind of ministry OMF is doing up there in the North with Thai people.
So much travelling in the last month...meeting lots of people. I hardly had time to feel lonely! I'm super thankful for family and friends!
(put up some pictures on flickr...took a long time though, so not many pictures up yet...)
Christmas - Spent Christmas with the missionaries here in Lopburi, had quite a number of outreach programmes.
New Year - Went to Buriram with 3 Thai ladies who work in Bangkok...long time friends from mission trips years ago when I first came to Thailand. Helped to drive part of the way there and back! Lots of conversations in Thai...good practice grounds! But I couldn't understand lots of Isaan dialect. It was really great to be surrounded by Thai Christians...went to visit my friend's family in the Northeast. It felt good to be surrounded by family and friends and lots of good Thai food.
Last week - Got to exercise a lil after all that feasting...just once though (badminton n jogging). Went to the waterfalls for a picnic which was fun. Rode the sleeper train to and fro Chiangmai to see Caroline off and God used the opportunity to show me what kind of ministry OMF is doing up there in the North with Thai people.
So much travelling in the last month...meeting lots of people. I hardly had time to feel lonely! I'm super thankful for family and friends!
(put up some pictures on flickr...took a long time though, so not many pictures up yet...)

No comments:
Post a Comment