Journey Together…through PRAYER
A Monthly Prayer Newsletter - March 2007
Thanksgiving & Updates
(1) Ministry… I’ve been kept very busy with Vacation Bible School, Grace Youth Club, prayer meetings, English classes with the CMU (Chiang Mai University) students, fellowship groups with CMU students and Sunday worship service. There’s so much to do and so much to learn! This is all very exciting indeed for someone who’s been doing mostly language studies for the last 6 months or so. Praise the Lord for where He has placed me…I’m enjoying myself and learning loads at the same time!
(2) Vacation Bible School… It was really great that I arrived just in time for the yearly VBS at the 2 schools nearby. The missionaries I work with have established a good relationship with 4 elementary schools in the Hang Dong district over the last few years and so it’s a great opportunity to witness to the kids. Many students heard the gospel and responded very positively. I enjoyed teaching bits of English, craft, Bible stories and praise songs. We’re hoping to do more to build relationships with the students!
(3) Grace Youth Club… I was really very excited about starting this with the kids who seemed to have responded enthusiastically at the VBS. But due to various reasons, we’ve had quite poor turnouts. Initially, I felt really discouraged and disappointed. However, God reminded me of how every single person who comes is precious in His sight, and is someone He’s brought to us. We’ve really had a good time with the few kids who’ve come to us in the past few weeks.
(4) One month in Chiangmai… Thank you for your prayers. I recovered from my bout of illness and have been kept pretty well since then, despite the worrying haze and smog. Praise the Lord for the new family I have here in Chiangmai. I’ve been spending lots of time with Caroline and the Thai pastor’s family since they stay just a few houses away. I get to eat with them pretty often and I can hang out there whenever I need company, so I’m really thankful that God found this place for me!
Prayer Requests (other than what is in my prayer bookmark…do continue to pray about those items!)
(1) Energy, routine & discipline – It’s the school holidays now so I’ve been really busy with programmes like retreats and camps, which have made it really difficult for me to settle into a routine. I’ve also been feeling very tired lately. Pray that I will be disciplined and also learn to organize my time properly to spend time with the Lord, rest, clean the house, and study Thai because I’ve discovered that these are the things that I often neglect when I get too busy. I end up running around like a headless chicken! It’s also very easy to feel very tired and lethargic during this time of the year because it’s so hot! We also find that we tire easily whenever we have ministry…it’s a spiritual battle as well! I find that I’m still trying to adapt to life here in Chiangmai, and I’m definitely looking forward to when school starts and I can establish some sort of routine.
(2) Relationships – Pray for His guidance and love as I interact with my team members, neighbours, people from church, children, teenagers and university students. Pray for wisdom and boldness to share with non-believers!
(3) Language Learning – I haven’t had the time to do much language learning and this is quite worrying. It’s the school holidays now so it’s difficult to find someone from the university to teach me on a regular basis. I’m still praying and looking…continue to pray that God will lead me to the right person!
(4) Follow-up on VBS – We were really delighted and thankful that the kids had a very positive response to the gospel when we conducted VBS (Many indicated that they want to learn more about Jesus Christ and accept Christ too!). We’re hoping to have a camp for the kids who are interested in order to do proper follow-up on those who are interested in Christ. Pray for these kids to be able to come and open their hearts to Christ, and pray for us as we plan for this camp (end of April).
(5) What’s next? – As usual, the future is full of uncertainties. I’m praying about how long to stay here, since the missionaries in the team will be leaving for their furlough at the end of June. I do feel that for me to really learn about ministry and build relationships with people, I’ll need to stay here for at least 6 months. And since there’s so much opportunities to serve here, I’m also praying that God will show me what He wants me to do, which particular ministry or age group He wants me to focus on, because I don’t want to just do a little of everything and end up very busy and confused.
In Christ,
Michelle Goh
Tel.:+66859658869 [sms to +6659658869] Blog: muahhahah.blogspot.com
Mailing Address: C/O Daniel & Song Kim, P.O. Box 27, Amphur Muang, Chiang Mai 50000, Thailand.
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment