Sunday, July 29, 2007

guitar, softball & hot springs

It's been a pretty good weekend.

On Saturday morning, we actually had 7 students from the Sec 2 class I've been teaching come to my house to learn how to play the guitar. Of course, I wasn't the one teaching, but it was good to have kids over after the ZERO turnout last week. We're praying that this might be a start. More than 10 of them expressed interest when I asked...but only 7 came...4 came pretty late actually. But I'm still really thankful.

Saturday afternoon - I actually played softball!!! It was really fun...except I really feel out of place sometimes because I don't understand the kids when they speak their slang or the local dialect and also due to the fact that I'm like sooooooo much older than them. They're mostly 15 to 18 year-olds. I don't understand most of the softball lingo they use either...I miss using English...it's just very different playing softball here in Thailand...the atmosphere, the language... But I'm still really really thankful...this is a lil prezzie from God, you see... :)

Today, we had Sunday school, which went ok...we had quite a number of newcomers and quite an ok turnout despite this being the long weekend...no school/work on Monday & Tuesday. And then after church, we went out for a church outing...a picnic at the Sankamphaeng Hot Springs, which is about an hour away...I had fun even though it was really hot...the weather was hot...and we were at the hot springs...go figure...hee.

Tomorrow, we going on a family outing...to Maesai...where the Burmese border is...

(more pictures on facebook...I did try to upload it here...but it was taking FOREVER!)

No comments: