I'm well and fine in Khonkaen. I arrived before all my stuff did...which made things a lot easier since I could tell them where to put what. I'm living in a village called Dong Bang (sounds Korean doesn't it?). There's cow/buffalo dung on EVERY road...heh...that's how much of a countryside place it is. I live in a beautiful compound (I'll take a photo of the whole place another day). I'm not living in a house. I'm living in a small building on the side of a big house...kind of like the kitchen/servant's quarters outside. It's small (compared to where I was living before) and cozy. I like it so far. The owner of the house lives in Bangkok and comes back here only once or twice a month or on special occasions. She's not a Christian. The house is pretty near the local temple and they were quite afraid for me...that I will be troubled by 'spirits'...since I'm living alone. I'm living quite near a Christian lady...think she's quite a new believer.
The room I'm living in is quite spacious...I put everything inside...except the cooking stove and washing machine...I also have a sink in there (cool eh?)...the bathroom is big and it's just next door...I have to go OUT to go to the bathroom...which is something I'll have to get used to.
I've managed to unpack and tidy up most of the stuff...still have lots of cleaning to do though...the room was previously used as a storeroom so there're lots of funny nest, cobwebs and lizard poo. There lots of insects here...even with the door closed and the screens on my windows...I still get tiny crickets/insects hopping around in my room. I'm just thankful the big ones stay outside.
I'm super exhausted though...think it's from all the goodbyes, packing, moving, unloading, unpacking, cleaning, travelling...my hands are full of cracks and cuts...hurts like mad...I think I'll have to take time of cleaning for a day or so...
Pray that I won't fall ill...I'm feeling a little tired...hope it's just exhaustion and that I'll recover from it soon...

The room I'm living in is quite spacious...I put everything inside...except the cooking stove and washing machine...I also have a sink in there (cool eh?)...the bathroom is big and it's just next door...I have to go OUT to go to the bathroom...which is something I'll have to get used to.
I've managed to unpack and tidy up most of the stuff...still have lots of cleaning to do though...the room was previously used as a storeroom so there're lots of funny nest, cobwebs and lizard poo. There lots of insects here...even with the door closed and the screens on my windows...I still get tiny crickets/insects hopping around in my room. I'm just thankful the big ones stay outside.
I'm super exhausted though...think it's from all the goodbyes, packing, moving, unloading, unpacking, cleaning, travelling...my hands are full of cracks and cuts...hurts like mad...I think I'll have to take time of cleaning for a day or so...
Pray that I won't fall ill...I'm feeling a little tired...hope it's just exhaustion and that I'll recover from it soon...

No comments:
Post a Comment