Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Settling in...

Thank you for your prayers. Things have been going pretty well so far. I'm really happy with my new place. I'm settling in just fine. I have to cook for myself for most meals...which is quite a change from the wide variety of food that was available to me in Chiangmai. I'm quite determined to try and cook healthy, but delicious meals for myself (I may be eating the same stuff for a couple of meals though.). I hope this will help me to lose weight...hahahah...hope I won't resort to instant noodles too often!

A few things to pray for...
(1) I'm currently trying to find a language helper. I've talked to the team...my aim is to complete the Level 2 exam before I leave in August! That means I'll have to work very hard and give priority to language studies! Pray that I'll find a good and suitable language helper.
(2) I will be approaching 2 schools near my village to teach English. Pray for favour with the director and teachers in the school.
(3) Pray for safety...my house is located in quite a secluded area...many villagers are concerned for my safety. I trust that the Lord will protect me!
(4) We will be going to a village nearby to work with World Vision to start a youth ministry there. Pray for wisdom, ideas and energy to work with the young people. I'm super excited!


More pictures...
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=35828&l=3e3ed&id=586586067

No comments: