Even though it's the holidays, it feels like I'm busier somehow (which is a good thing btw). I think it's because I'm preparing for my language check coming up on Wednesday...and also because of the school holidays, so the kids come over to my place whenever I'm home. Oh, and the weather has also been super duper hot...which makes everything seem more tiring than usual too.
Before I launch into what I've been up to, I just want to let all of you know that I finally have running water...even though it's from the pond just outside my place...yes, the water is a little 'brown'...and I haven't really dared to taste it...as in, erm, when I'm brushing my teeth that is. There are bits of the pond in the water...but it still beats having no running water...
Monday - laundry, grocery shopping, birthday party...really can't remember what else...
Tuesday - language lesson, kids' club at Waeng Yai, had lovely dinner with Annelies
Wednesday - team meeting, kids' club at my place, Bible study
Thursday - meeting with World Vision about Youth Project in Khonkaen (it was a whole-day meeting in THAI! MY head was ready to burst by the time we left...)
Friday - prayer meeting, Youth ministry in Thalunglek (we taught the kids how to make pancakes!), Good Friday meeting
Saturday - I was with the kids from 8a.m.-3p.m. cos we're changing kids' club to Saturdays and I'm handling it alone. We played games, watch Christian VCDs, did craft and colouring, a little bit of storytelling...all related to the Resurrection of Christ...it was a busy but fun day...and I had about close to 20 kids!
Sunday - Easter service (8 kids from my village went to church with me!), we went to a village and I had to preach the gospel in Thai because none of the Thais were available. It was really scary...pray for the 5 ladies who heard the gospel message!
I've put up pictures of the youth meeting on Friday and the kids' club on Saturday on facebook if you're interested!
Before I launch into what I've been up to, I just want to let all of you know that I finally have running water...even though it's from the pond just outside my place...yes, the water is a little 'brown'...and I haven't really dared to taste it...as in, erm, when I'm brushing my teeth that is. There are bits of the pond in the water...but it still beats having no running water...
Monday - laundry, grocery shopping, birthday party...really can't remember what else...
Tuesday - language lesson, kids' club at Waeng Yai, had lovely dinner with Annelies
Wednesday - team meeting, kids' club at my place, Bible study
Thursday - meeting with World Vision about Youth Project in Khonkaen (it was a whole-day meeting in THAI! MY head was ready to burst by the time we left...)
Friday - prayer meeting, Youth ministry in Thalunglek (we taught the kids how to make pancakes!), Good Friday meeting
Saturday - I was with the kids from 8a.m.-3p.m. cos we're changing kids' club to Saturdays and I'm handling it alone. We played games, watch Christian VCDs, did craft and colouring, a little bit of storytelling...all related to the Resurrection of Christ...it was a busy but fun day...and I had about close to 20 kids!
Sunday - Easter service (8 kids from my village went to church with me!), we went to a village and I had to preach the gospel in Thai because none of the Thais were available. It was really scary...pray for the 5 ladies who heard the gospel message!
I've put up pictures of the youth meeting on Friday and the kids' club on Saturday on facebook if you're interested!

No comments:
Post a Comment