Thursday, April 17, 2008

April 2008 Prayer Newsletter

Dear all...I realised I forgot to post my latest prayer newsletter here...sorry!

Language Check
Praise the Lord! The check for both modules went well. It was great that I was able to spend time with Khruu Wan and play badminton while I was back in Lopburi as well. Pray for discipline and wisdom as I work on my next 2 modules.

Children Ministry in Dong Bang
Ministry has been ups and downs as usual. There were days when I felt such a connection with the kids. Many of them flocked to my place the day before Easter Sunday, and even though I was doing everything alone, I was really convinced that God was working in the lives of these children and that He was using me to teach them about Him. I spent the whole day with them without feeling tired! Yet, there are days when it just seemed like I just couldn’t understand them or make them understand me, and there were times when it felt like there was something that stopped the kids from coming. Attendance for Kids’ Club has been really unpredictable. I know God is still teaching me to just look to Him, wait upon Him and learn to be flexible. Honestly, the children have been a real blessing as I spend more time with them. They love to sing, play games and go on evening walks with me. I enjoy having them over at my place, where I have some simple things for them to do like playing games, watching Christian VCDs, reading Christian literature, art & craft, and singing. Pray for more kids to come! Pray for my relationship with them, as their friend and teacher, that God will use me to touch them, and their families as well. Pray for opportunities to do ‘home visits’.

Student Mission Team from Central Thailand
This last week have been such a blessing. An OMF missionary working with university students in Central Thailand brought a team of 11 Christian student leaders and students to Waeng Yai, Khon Kaen to expose and train them in evangelism and mission work. I miss being in the company of Christian youths and it’s been really encouraging and refreshing to get to know these Christian students and work with them. We’ve been preaching the gospel at the market and in a couple of villages. They also helped to run some evangelistic activities for kids and youths in Thalunglek and Dong Bang (my village). This is really a godsend and has given quite a boost to the various ministries here in Waeng Yai. Pray for the hearts of the Isaan people here, where many seeds of gospel have been sown. Pray that the members of Waeng Yai church will be spurred on to be enthusiastic about evangelism. Pray also I will be able to follow up and build on the relationships that the team has helped to establish, especially with the people in my village.

Waeng Yai Church
This is the church that the OMF Isaan team has started in Waeng Yai town more than a year ago. There has been some disagreement amongst the church members, and we’ve been having some problems with some members from a partnering church in the next town. Pray for wisdom and patience amidst all these problems.

No comments: