Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Catching up....*pant pant*

I've been slacking too much...well, not exactly.

There was the seriously exciting mission trip in Chiangmai, where I got to know many new people from my church (most were from Roy's CG!). I was very encouraged by the group and had a wonderful time serving the Lord with them. It was also really nice to meet with my big FAMILY in Chiangmai (Hangdong Grace church, Pastor Tharawat and family, Grace Fellowship at Chiangmai University). I also got to know Hannah, an American-Korean lady who's helping to teach the kids at the 2 temple schools. There's too much to write...and I shall attempt to do that in another entry when I have more time (no idea when!!!).

I travelled back to Dong Bang village (took me more than 12 hours) and started packing right away. Amidst all that packing and chaos, I had to say my goodbyes to the people in my village and the church. It was really hard saying goodbye to the kids in my village and to Phii Motdaeng, the only Christian in my village.

Some of the kids didn't want to come to look for me the evening before I left. I was disappointed and really puzzled. Yesterday, when we've finished moving all the furniture and luggage, I decided to pop by the school to say goodbye to the kids. The kids I was close to refuse to even look me in the eye. Were they ignoring me? I felt hurt. It was then that I realised that they did not want to say goodbye to me. They didn't even know how to react when I gave them a hug each. They were stiff and unresponsive. Then one of them started sobbing. I didn't know what to do either, so I said goodbye and I left. I just felt really sad as I rode my motorbike out of the village for the very last time. Did I say goodbye to them properly? What's going to happen to them? It felt really crummy not having to say goodbye them properly. It was the least I could do...all I can do now is pray.

Packing and moving may be tiring...but it's the goodbyes that really drains me. Oh Lord, give me strength and sustain me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can visualise the agony... u had indeed left behind a legacy where only god will know how this is going to impact the boys and girls as they grow up. Remember we are indeed playing a small role in the Big picture God has for them...