Language Studies
I am currently trying to finish up the work for 2 modules as well as write up some reports that I have to hand in. That means I have quite a lot of work to complete before joining the mission team in Chiang Mai next week. Pray for diligence and perseverance.
Glory Mission Team - Chiang Mai
From 13—20th June, I’ll be joining the mission team from my church to share the gospel to school children, university students and people at the local markets. Pray for journey’s mercy, protection and for God to work in and through us as we proclaim His truth to these people.
Packing up & Farewells
It’s time to pack, say goodbye and move on again. Pray for strength and God’s grace as I try to find closure in relationships and ministry.
Kids in Dong Bang
I have enjoyed ministering to the kids in Dong Bang so much that this has become more of a source of joy rather than a ‘duty’. It will be really difficult to say goodbye to everyone. I will having my last Kids Club session this Saturday. Pray that I will be able to conclude this ministry in a way that glorifies Him. Pray also for all these kids to continue going to church for Sunday school even after I’ve left. Pray that in God’s timing, there will be a great harvest from the seeds of the gospels planted in the hearts of these little ones.
Others in Dong Bang
Pray that the church members from Waeng Yai church will continue to visit and do follow-up with those interested in the Bible from this village. Pray for Phii Motdaeng & her family— that Motdaeng will stay strong in her faith, that her husband, Prakong, and her daughter, Eis, will come to faith one day. Pray for Phii Wongwian and her family to come to faith. Pray for the villagers in Dong Bang, especially for those who have already heard the gospel, that they will truly see the light of salvation in Jesus Christ.
Youth Ministry at Thalunglek
Sijmen, Annelies and I will be leaving and On, a member of the church in Waeng Yai will help to take over this ministry together with the representative from World Vision. Pray that God will continue to work in the hearts of these children and youths.
OMF Conference
This is a yearly affair where all the missionaries in OMF Thailand come together. This is a time of catching up with old friends, learning more about the various ministries in different parts of Thailand, spending time in reflection and getting refreshed and energized by God. This will also be a good time to say goodbye to many friends.
Future Directions
I feel quite lost now that it’s nearly time to go home. I will be returning to S’pore on 8th August. I haven’t quite decided what to do when I go back home or when I will be coming back to Thailand, and I’ve become quite anxious just thinking about all these things. Pray that I will constantly go to God in prayer and be sensitive to His voice. Pray for God’s peace and guidance.
Stress
As you can see, there are many things going on this month. I have many things that I need to do (language reports, packing, farewells, wrapping up ministry, mission trips) and many things to think about (reflecting about my time here, contemplating future plans). And as usual, moving and saying goodbyes is really difficult for me. Pray that I will be able to juggle all these things and just keep close to Him amidst all this busyness and stress
Thursday, June 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment