Wednesday, May 04, 2005

woe me woe my...

even as i struggle with my super overdue research paper...it was ironic how i came across this...

Successful research papers do not happen automatically. They require a commitment of both time and effort in order to think through ideas, dig out information, develop and outlie, and then actually write, revise, and edit the paper. For student who start their research a month or so early, and work leisurely an afternoon at a time, writing a research paper can be quite rewarding. At the very least, you should find a topic and begin your research and reading at an early date. For students, however, who habitually start their essays within a week of the due date (or the night before!) research papers seem life massive undertakings. Essay writing deprives them not only of all their spare time but even of their sleep, and places them in a crisis situation for that week. Should some unexpected circumstance prevent them from finishing on time they begin to feel that life is against them. When they fail the paper because they have not done nearly enough work they marvel "But I never worked so hard in my life!"

Those unanticipated circumstances that plague you the week an essay is due may seem to be unavoidable and, therefore, valid excuses. But your more enlightened instructor may interpret these occurences as omens warning you to repent of your procrastinating ways. Remember, you know as early as the beginning of the course the assignments you have to completel they are in your course syllabus. And remember also that a pattern of repetitive procrastination only serves to reinforce the sense of foreboding you may experience as assignment due dates draw near. Do not be fooled: Your instructor can tell when a paper is produced through a combination of no sleep, a slurpie and chocolate diet, and rushed research!

hee hee...even as I read this...I can help wanting to laugh, cry, wince and cringe in shame at the same time. how true those words are! oh man...

I confess...I've always been that procrastinating dodo who enjoys rushing out last minute work...and I must say...results haven't been too bad. Homework during sec sch and JC are different mind you...those are really 'chicken feet' compared to RESEARCH PAPERS! Come to think of it, haven't really had to do a really tough research paper I can't smoke through UNTIL NOW! Lesson learnt.

Yes, I feel awful...sorry...ashamed...such a bad model right? Esp when I was/am/used to be a teacher...*lowers head and pouts in shame*

Ok ok...should really repent so this kind of 'mishap' will not happen again...next semester...I will be good...

for those who have 'suffered' in one way or another...because I've been doing this last minute work...I'm mighty sorry... :O(

(I've been taking my time doing research for my RESEARCH PAPER...on blood sacrifices in the OT...started research last Monday...paper was due last Thursday...one day late minus one mark...I deserve it....huo gai!...or bee guat!...hope I can squeeze it out by tomorrow...or is it later today? blur liao...*haiz*)

No comments: