Monday, September 05, 2005

Driving...vroom vroom...

I stayed beside the driving center (BBDC)...even before it was built in dunno-which-year. It would have been so convenient to take up driving then...in JC...after my 'A's...during my uni years. But I was always too busy to do so...there was training, church...then after my 'A's, there was work, which left me really drained and tired...and i stayed in hall during my uni years. Subsequently, I moved to BP. It was only when I quit teaching that I found the time to take up lessons and all.

Before I took up driving, I always thought it wouldn't be too tough. Afterall, I found most physical/mechanical tasks pretty simple. Plus, I was never the guniang type to squirm in the car and be a scardie cat. That is...until I had was in the front seat of a friend's car and it banged (not too badly) into the car infront of it...after that I became quite paranoid whenever I was in a car. Somehow, I became fearful of another accident happening...and I was imagining it happen constantly. When I took up driving earlier this year, I discovered I haven't quite gotten over my phobia of accidents...I was still nervous whenever I was in a car.

Well, to cut the long story short...I suck at driving. That's not a good thing...considering how EXPENSIVE driving lessons are...around $60+ per lesson ok! I took it up cos mom said she would sponsor me...and cos I thought it would be useful in the mission field.

Test is next Monday. I've been going for revision lessons. A lil scared...cos not used to other cars...I was using another car for revision today and I kept hitting the curb in the crank-course. So demoralizing...*sigh* And I'm also very indecisive...cannot make good decisions quickly...tend to deliberate for too long...*sigh*

Pray for me...that I'll improve during my revision lessons...I have 3 more! Pray that I'll pass the test next Monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am only paranoid with some people. Some people i am happy to sit in the car and not worry. One of my friends is really bad, he just doesn't pay attention. I think he must be gay and too worried about what color the houses are painted or something. I stopped him having a crash the other week cause he wasn't watching. I think you will be ok though. People who are scared are normally the safest. Thats how everyone should drive. Too many people in NZ think it is there right to drive rather than a privilage. Good luck.