Monday, September 12, 2005

Vrrrooom....Praise the Lord! I passed!

Hoo hoo hoo. You cannot imagine how nervous I was this morning. Even last night I was having a headache from the stress I think. But I was praying...constantly...the more anxious I was...the more I was praying to God and asking Him to help me...cos I seriously need it. I wanted to pass quite badly cos my mom is financing the lessons. I don't ask her for money. So as and when she remembers or asks, she'd transfer a lil here and there to me. But I feel bad about it. Really bad. I'm at an age where she shouldn't be helping me out financially. I should be the one paying for it all. So yes, I have been paying quite a fair bit for the lessons and all. And it's pretty heavy-going...this is seriously not cheap siah. So yes, part of the reason for wanting to pass badly is cos I really don't want to spend anymore on it.

I was nervous cos I knew I wasn't confident of passing. The pass few lessons have been pretty demoralizing. Every now and then, the instructor would say...'what you did just now...immediate failure you know?' Another one went...'erm, it's a good thing your test is not tomorrow, so you still have time to practise somemore...' In my mind, the probability of passing was really really tiny.

I didn't even dare to imagine passing the test. I just prayed for God to help...intervene in someway or another...and HE did! My tester was really kind...he asked me how many lessons I took, how much I spend...and he let me pass...borderline...18 points...told me to improve on my driving. I made a boo boo in the circuit while attempting the parallel parking...I actually moved the pole at the back!!! I had NEVER EVER even 'touched' the poles while doing any parking during any of my practices. And after I 'moved' the pole, while trying to move to the front of the lot, my back tyre hit the kerb. *argh* I had no idea how many points were gone already. Everything went well on the road...even at the place where there's a slope and zebra crossing...there was nobody crossing...so I didn't have to stop and pull handbrake...that's where I always get nervous and panic...and engine would die.

All in all...seriously, he could have failed me. But He was really gracious...and so my tester was gracious to me as well. I'm so grateful to God I can cry lor. Seems so silly right? But I know for sure it's Him behind it all. Some may say I'm lucky...some may say that the tester may be trying to meet the quota...but I say it's God...for sure.

Thank you...this is grace...grace that I do not deserve...thank you Lord...for listening to my prayers...and the prayers of many lovely brothers and sisters out there who bothered and cared enough to pray as well...

Thank you all out there for your prayers and encouragement......

No comments: