Most ppl recharge their handphone battery...every night or maybe every two nights (I think). We recharge ours by sleeping every night. Physically...I can really feel it when I don't get enough sleep...though I probably need only about 5 or 6 every night. (Not enough means when I sleep 3 or 4 hours.) I've got to be more disciplined when it comes to bed time. I've been feeling so tired so easily. Dang...think I've gotta go get some exercise too.
Woke up this morning feeling more tired than I've ever been for a long time. I think I was tired & drained...physically, mentally AND spiritually. Every morning, I'd try to go to school early, find a quiet corner, and do my QT. It's lovely to be able to do that...I'd pray & read the Bible...meditate on His Word...His goodness in my life...it's a time for me to tune myself to Him, and to start my day with Him...I always feel so refreshed & charged up after that. Sometimes, when there are meetings (yes, we have meetings before school), my usual quiet time would be disrupted...like yesterday. I think I felt out of sorts for the whole day...I was getting more tired out than usual...by the end of the day, I was REALLY SPENT...I felt like there was not an ounce of strength left in me...I felt like a zombie. This morning, after breakfast...I knew I had to settle down to spend some time in prayer...I had quite a number of things to discuss with Him... It was amazing...it wasn't until after I had spent about a hour praying and reading His Word that I realized I didn't feel as tired as I had been when I woke up this morning. I feel 'tuned' again...I feel refreshed...and I know this is something that sleep or a good massage or a holiday or a nice soak in the tub can do. This is more than getting my physical 'batteries' recharged...I know that more than anything, I need Him...I depend on Him...that I can do nothing without Him...that I am nothing without Him.
As I was eating my lunch...I was thinking about it and I was kind of amused...it felt like I needed a 'fix'...a 'fix' of being with Him...talking to Him...reading His Word. I guess this is what it means to rely on Him...for strength...LITERALLY. If there's a right person or thing to be overdependent on...to be addicted to...it's Him.
Now I'm charged. It wasn't just sleep that I needed. It's good to know that.
Woke up this morning feeling more tired than I've ever been for a long time. I think I was tired & drained...physically, mentally AND spiritually. Every morning, I'd try to go to school early, find a quiet corner, and do my QT. It's lovely to be able to do that...I'd pray & read the Bible...meditate on His Word...His goodness in my life...it's a time for me to tune myself to Him, and to start my day with Him...I always feel so refreshed & charged up after that. Sometimes, when there are meetings (yes, we have meetings before school), my usual quiet time would be disrupted...like yesterday. I think I felt out of sorts for the whole day...I was getting more tired out than usual...by the end of the day, I was REALLY SPENT...I felt like there was not an ounce of strength left in me...I felt like a zombie. This morning, after breakfast...I knew I had to settle down to spend some time in prayer...I had quite a number of things to discuss with Him... It was amazing...it wasn't until after I had spent about a hour praying and reading His Word that I realized I didn't feel as tired as I had been when I woke up this morning. I feel 'tuned' again...I feel refreshed...and I know this is something that sleep or a good massage or a holiday or a nice soak in the tub can do. This is more than getting my physical 'batteries' recharged...I know that more than anything, I need Him...I depend on Him...that I can do nothing without Him...that I am nothing without Him.As I was eating my lunch...I was thinking about it and I was kind of amused...it felt like I needed a 'fix'...a 'fix' of being with Him...talking to Him...reading His Word. I guess this is what it means to rely on Him...for strength...LITERALLY. If there's a right person or thing to be overdependent on...to be addicted to...it's Him.
Now I'm charged. It wasn't just sleep that I needed. It's good to know that.

No comments:
Post a Comment